Easy and free crochet patterns – perfect for airplane, train or car.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking to fit in more crochet time so ahead of my long-haul flight I thought I’d roundup some of the best travel-friendly free patterns. For me, travel crochet needs to be simple in pattern and colour – as you’ll see in the patterns below!
Most airports and airlines allow crochet hooks in your hand luggage, but it’s always worth checking individually with your carrier. Plus a good tip is to take a cheap hook and yarn, just in case they do confiscate it at security on the day.
- Modern crochet shawl by Made Peachy – start this one on the plane then complete with the extra colours later.
- Mulberry Shadow Pocket Scarf by Hopeful Honey – one colour and perfect if you’re heading somewhere cold!
- Simple crochet coasters by Bella Coco – these cute coasters make great gifts, so you can get ahead with present making while on the go.
- Giant granny square blanket image source Croscill – this one is an image for inspiration, rather than a pattern, but it’s just lots of large granny squares joined together.
- Ombre crochet jumper by Pattern Piper – something gorgeous to add to your wardrobe when you arrive at your destination!
Do you have a favourite pattern for travelling?